The Town of Salisbury will be holding FREE summer camps again in 2023. These camps are intended for children aged 12 and under.
Due to significant unexpected demand in 2022, the Town is announcing that registration will be held online every Tuesday at 6:00PM starting June 27th. Camp spaces are on a first-come, first-serve basis and no spaces are guaranteed until you receive written confirmation from the Town.
The camps for 2023 will be offered for seven weeks throughout the summer with seven different themes. A maximum of three weeks per participant will be made available and priority shall be given to residents of the new Town of Salisbury.
2023 Camp Dates & Theme Week
The following is an overview of the weeks and themes for the 2023 Town of Salisbury camps:
|July 5-7, 2023 (note: no camp on Holiday Monday or Tuesday)||Sports week|
|July 10-14, 2023||Camping & Nature Week|
|July 17-21, 2023||Olympic Games|
|July 24-28, 2023||Splash!|
|July 31-August 4, 2023||Arts & Craft Week|
|August 8-11, 2023 (note: no camp on Holiday Monday)||Science Week|
|August 21-25, 2023||Gym Class & Talent Show Week|
Additional details on what to expect for each week is available in this PDF.
Weekly registration will be completed online via an online form, made available exclusively on the Town of Salisbury’s Facebook Page. The post with the online form will be published at 6:00PM Atlantic Standard Time (AST) every Tuesday. Registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis and your child’s placement in the camp is not confirmed until you are provided confirmation in writing via email.
Other registration information:
• Camps will be free once again this year;
• Camps are offered for children aimed 12 and under;
• There will be a limit of three weeks per participant until the Town can determine if additional space is available;
• Registration for each week of summer camp will be open every Tuesday at 6:00PM starting June 27th. The Google Forms registration document will be accessible through the town’s website and Facebook page. The form will remain open until spaces are full.
• The Town expects each week to fill up quickly and will update the form in real-time every week.
• To account for any delays between the form being updated on the registrant’s end, no spaces are confirmed until you receive confirmation from the Town via email.
• If your child registers for multiple weeks of camp and does not show up for the week without notifying the Town in advance, you automatically forfeit your spaces to ensure they can be made available to others;
• Priority will be given to residents of the new Town of Salisbury. In the event that spaces fill in a week, the Town will confirm postal codes are within the Town boundaries.
To assist you in gathering the required information to submit the form once it opens, the Town is releasing all fields that will be required on the form ahead of time. The following information will be required to submit each week’s form:
• Child’s information (one form PER PARTICIPANT) including: name, date of birth, gender, address (including postal code)
• List of authorized individuals who can pick-up your child from camp
• Emergency contact information: name, phone number, email, relationship with participant
• Health information: allergies, Medicare card number and expiration date, list of any medications required between 10AM-2PM
• Waiver and liability acknowledgement (can be read in advance online at this link)
• Photo/media release to be used for Town’s promotional purposes
What can we expect at the Town’s camps?
• Camps run from 10AM-2PM from Monday to Friday (except for weeks with Holidays);
• Drop-off and pick-up occurs at the former Recreation & Wellness Building (Helping Hands Food Bank Building) at 62 Douglas Street in Salisbury;
• In the event of inclement weather, the camps move indoors;
• Campers are required to bring their own lunch;
• A number of activities occur at camp, depending on the theme week. Additional information can be found in this document for what to expect each week.